Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Daydreaming



I have a dream of living out in the country someday....someplace far from city life, a place where dirt roads and old wooden fences exist, a place where each home has a big chunk of property and you can't throw a rock and hit your neighbor's house......wide. open. spaces! 


I browse along on blogs and pinterest and find beautiful inspiring places that seem just exactly like my dreams..... A big wrap around porch, a two story house with brick accents, beautiful windows and ledges to put lots of vases with flowers....




I want to walk barefoot through the garden and collect fresh chicken eggs from under bushes and in various little places around my big barn because my chickens roam free and wild. 


I want to hang dry laundry on the line in the sunshine and clean air and sit on a big wrap around porch and watch my kids play in the dandelions and brush around our property. 



I'd love to own a few horses and cows and goats and sheep. I'd love to spin my own wool and knit from the spools of wool yarn I make.


 I'd love to have a big country kitchen with lots of counter space and one big awesome wood topped counter or maybe an island with a chopping block top. 



And a big pantry with lots of shelves and room to store canned goods and bags of grain for homemade bread and delicious dishes....

Pastures for all my animals to graze in........


A place where I could be wild and free. Where my wandering spirit could find both adventure and rest. A simple life.....




Someday....someday I'm going to live there. 








No comments:

Post a Comment